How to Use the NEW Facebook Timeline For Your Business
Learning how to make a Facebook fan page for a business is a simple and straightforward project that takes little to no time to complete. But with the brand-new Facebook timeline marketing page design, you should be aware of the new best practices that are necessary in order to see benefits of Facebook for your NJ business. Using these best practices will help you catch more eyeballs, which will translate to getting more likes on your Facebook page, and thereby attract more business.
- Design With Visual Content in Mind. The new timeline page prioritizes images, videos and other visual content, and this content will appear more prominently on your Facebook marketing page. Use photos, infographics and other visual content to design your facebook pages and generate more interest.
- Direct Viewers to Your Custom Apps and Tabs. The new timeline design directs new page visitors to your timeline, instead of the default landing tabs you’ve previously set. Fortunately, you can direct users to your views and apps by adding new tabs to your Views & Apps toolbar located at the top of the page below the cover photo. Don’t forget to rearrange the icons to show your most important tabs first.
- Use the Best Images for Your Views and Apps Bar. It’s best to properly edit images used in the Views and Apps toolbar to create compelling calls-to-action for your premium content. These images should be 111 x 74 pixels overall for the best visual effect. These images can be changed in the “Apps” section of the Admin Panel.
- Always Feature Your Most Important Content on the Timeline. Since the new timeline is the first place people will land on when they first visit your Facebook marketing page, it’s important to expose them to the compelling content of your best and most important posts. You can highlight select posts on your timeline from your Activity Log once you’ve checked “Everyone can post to (your) timeline” in the “Manage Permissions” section of the page settings.
- Highlight New Marketing Offers on a Regular Basis. The new Facebook marketing page redesign now allows you to anchor events, promotions and other important content to the top of your business’ page for maximum visibility. This content will remain pinned to the top for up to 7 days. Simply move your cursor over the desired content, select the pencil icon and select “Pin to Top” to pin the content to the top of the page.